World Oceans Day

POSTED ON: Saturday, June 8, 2013 @ 4:55 PM | 0 comments


Today is the 8th of June.
Also World Oceans Day (which is the theme for this week's #PolishTogether) and also Day 8: Ocean of the "The totally doable I have a life" June nail art challenge by @californails.

Just a little about World Oceans Day...
http://worldoceansday.org/about/

World Oceans Day is where people around the world honour and celebrate the body of water which links us all, for what it provides humans and for what it represents. To me, the ocean is limitless, is mystical and is full of life (millions of species of sea creatures in the ocean!). It also gives us life since all living things need water to survive and helps to regulate our climate. So I guess today would be a good day to stop and think about how much our oceans have done for us, what we can learn from it and how we can protect it, conserving it for our future generations.

So here's my mermaid mani for both themes. Have been wanting to try doing 'fish scales' for some time so this was a good chance to do so. My scales were not aligned properly so the end product didn't look anything like fish scales or mermaid scales. Nevertheless, I love the colour combination. (:

Colours used:
- OPI's Tomorrow Never Dies
- OPI's Silver Shatter
- OPI's No Room For The Blues
- Barielle's Falling Star
And of course one coat my trusty OPI Nail Envy as a basecoat and one coat of Seche Vite topcoat.


On a sidenote, remember my last post with the floral nails as Day 4 of the nail art challenge? Yes, I would like to thank all of you wonderful girls who have been supporting me by reading this blog or liking my photos on Instagram. The previous photo of the floral + polka dot nails gained quite a number of likes on my Instagram (@strangerslovers). So here's a BIG THANK YOU to all of you for showing so much love! Do continue to show your support! (:


Have a great weekend ahead everyone!


Love,
Lorraine







← Older / ♥ back up ♥ / Newer →
@StrangersLovers