Day 4: Flowers

POSTED ON: Monday, June 3, 2013 @ 9:27 AM | 0 comments


Saw this on Instagram over the weekends. I haven't done nail art challenges for some time so I thought why not give this "Totally Doable I have A Life Challenge" by @californails! (Oh yes I love the name of her challenges hehehe (: )

I already missed the first day of the challenge when I saw this on Instagram so I decided to skip it and start with Day 4: Flowers. Even though I'm early by one day, I suppose it's better to be early than late? I don't really buy the idea of being late than never though...



















Pictured here are the two base colours before I start on the nail art. I used two coats of each. The bright pink is OPI's Suzi's Hungry Again from the Euro Centrale collection and the nude colour is OPI's Glints of Glinda from the Oz collection.  And of course my trusty OPI Nail Envy as my basecoat.

Pinkish white dots using a dotting tool and flowers using a normal paintbrush. I haven't gotten my hands on nail art brushes yet and I'm still contemplating if they are worth spending on. Any advice?

I started the flowers by blotting random patches on my nail with a dotting tool, using a light pink from Etude House. Then using my paintbrush, I painted on a few lines to define each flower with OPI's Suzi's Hungry Again. The green leaves were also painted on using the same paintbrush with CG's For Audrey. For Audrey is probably my most used polish for nail art, and of course one of my favourite nail lacquers too!

Alright it's time to start work. Have a good Monday everyone! (:



Love,
Lorraine







← Older / ♥ back up ♥ / Newer →
@StrangersLovers