Polish Days - June

POSTED ON: Monday, June 10, 2013 @ 11:34 AM | 2 comments


It's time for #PolishDays again! Polish Days has become something for me to look forward to every month, where dear Hannah from Polly Polish comes up with a theme every month for us nail bloggers to participate in and share our manis with each other. It's really fun seeing what the other lovely ladies have to show each month, and I really like how the themes Hannah comes up with are a little more unusual, and less like those prosaic ones e.g. ombre, florals, monochrome (although I still stick to the ordinary manis each month since I'm not as creative...).

The theme for the month of June is TO BOLDY GO.
Details of the event:
"Whether it's sci-fi or sci-real (yep, I'm going with that terrible wording), it fits the theme for June. Maybe you're a Trekkie, or perhaps a Star Wars fan, or maybe just a lover of all things sci-fi. Maybe you love space and dreamed of being an astronaut. Perhaps like me you just haven't gotten around to doing a galaxy manicure and this would be a good excuse to give it a whirl."

I haven't gotten around to doing the galaxy manicure so here's a good chance for me to try it!
I love the colour combi here but the white dots / 'stars' wasn't really to my liking.

Here are the colors used:
- OPI's Lincoln Park After Dark (as the base colour)
- OPI's Tomorrow Never Dies
- Barielle's Falling Star
- A dark pink from Sasa
- Some white from Mosaic
And of course OPI's Nail Envy as my basecoat and a Seche Vite topcoat to give it a smooth finish.


Do I like this mani? Oh yes I do! I had fun blotting on the colours and I love staring at my nails now since it gives a a space-like feel, taking me away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.


Do check out what the other lovely ladies have created for this month's theme below!

Happy Monday everyone and I'll leave you with a quote from my Twitter friend...
"Monday reminds me of how important it is to choose a job you love. Life is for living, not for being miserable at work!"
- Kean Kwok Jin


Love,
Lorraine












← Older / ♥ back up ♥ / Newer →
@StrangersLovers