Day 24: Simple

POSTED ON: Sunday, June 23, 2013 @ 5:22 PM | 0 comments

Here's Day 24: Simple of #NailArtJune by @californails. (Skipped the flipflop challenge, don't really know what to do with it anyway...) Do check out the other challenges by other nail enthusiasts on Instagram too! I used a baby pink base colour from beadstreet. Yes, that shop that sold me all my $1.25 polishes. Was a little streaky and uneven here and there but my trusty Seche Vite topcoat did the trick. 

Stamped on the little ribbon on each nail using my MashNails stamping plates and the dark red is Revlon's Raisin Rage. The image couldn't be picked up with the stamper very well so I had to use a paintbrush to fill up the ribbon quite a bit in the end. 

Pardon the ugly dead skin on the sides, been getting dry skin, dry eyes and dry lips due to the haze. The stamping was kind of messy so I don't really like the end product here. Definitely won't keep this on for long...

Yes, speaking of the haze, it's due to the smoke that got blown over to Singapore from Indonesia by the wind. And nope, haze isn't pollen, they're more like soot and dust particles you get from burning something. Indonesia burns down their rainforests there and clear the land for planting crops and such. So very unfortunate us in Singapore gets hazy skies due to the unfavourable wind direction. It got so bad midweek that everyone had to stay indoors and even my boss allowed us a day off from work. Pictured here is the view from my house at 8.30am in the morning. It's usually bright and clear by that time but look at the haze, I can't event see the buildings I usually would... ): 

Oh oh and I just ordered a mini set of OPI's Couture De Minnie from NailDeck.com. I absolutely love the Mr Happy Nail Polish guy at that shop. Even though he's closed his shop at SMU after the lease expired, I'll still support his by purchasing my OPI and China Glaze polishes from his website. (There's PayPal on his site and I really love that mode of payment as it makes shopping so much more convenient and efficient!) Can't wait for my mini set to arrive so I can try on all those pretty colours! And my second liquid sand polish too! 


Singapore girls please wear your masks when outdoors in this haze and drink lots of water. Everyone else do take care too. Have a great week ahead! (: 



Love, 
Lorraine 






 








← Older / ♥ back up ♥ / Newer →
@StrangersLovers