#sgswatchfest - Earth Day

POSTED ON: Monday, April 22, 2013 @ 10:07 AM | 0 comments

"Acknowledge this amazing planet we call home and take action to protect it."
#faceofclimate
#EarthDay

Today is the 22nd April so it's Earth Day! Hence the theme for today's #sgswatchfest hosted by @lacqueredaffair, Green for Earth Day. Here's a little bit about Earth day...
Earth Day founder, Gaylord Nelson had the idea after witnessing the 1969 oil spill in Santa Barbara, California. He realized that if he could infuse energy into the public about air and water pollution, it would force environmental protection onto the national political agenda.
Today, world leaders are more concerned about environmental issues and many have pledged to clean energy and other environmentally friendly actions.
Source: http://www.earthday.org/earth-day-history-movement

So here's my green mani to promote environmental awareness and environmental protection. I used Sally Hansen's Mint Sorbet and OPI's My Vampire is Buff as the base colours. I love the little dotted heart but I really dislike the clover. This clover didn't turn out the way I expected, nope not at all. ):

I do think doing these little manis to promote a certain cause do work. People I meet would compliment me on my nails and I would always take the chance to explain the themes/inspiration behind each mani. So yes, #sgswatchfest and such campaigns are really a great idea!


Here's the photo I took off @lacqueredaffair's Instagram for the Earth Day theme. Do stay tuned for further themed manis for #sgswatchfest!

Hurray exams are over! Summer is here! I have all the time in the world to do my favourite things! e.g. shopping, eating, painting my nails, spending time with the people I love...
To all my friends who still have a few more papers to go, all the best and hang in there guys, summer is right here waiting for you! (:



Love,
Lorraine






← Older / ♥ back up ♥ / Newer →
@StrangersLovers