#sgswatchfest Prevention of Cruelty to Animals

POSTED ON: Sunday, April 14, 2013 @ 12:11 PM | 0 comments

#sgswatchfest started out with a couple of nail enthusiasts in Singapore who wanted to do twinsie posts on a particular polish and it grew to a weekly(?) event with a different theme each time.

Today's #sgswatchfest is hosted by @purplecatclaws to commemorate the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals month. The general colour guideline was orange but when I think of animals, I think of cats and I love black cats even though some people believe that they bring bad luck. So here's my mani that's mainly black and gold to show my support to the cause and #sgswatchfest!

A simple mani with striping tape using OPI's Lincoln Park After Dark and Golden Eye (somehow i've been using these two polishes a lot these days...). And a paw print on my thumb and 4th finger using a normal paintbrush. This is without topcoat and I have barely used any topcoat since I decided to stop using my Seche Vite after it shrank many of my manis and since the current one is drying up. I have about 2.5 bottles of Seche Vite topcoat left and I have absolutely no idea what to do with it. Meanwhile, I'm looking for a new brand of topcoat that I can easily find in Singapore. Anyone has anything nice to recommend? (:

Somewhat related...
Singapore has an association called the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA). They provide a range of services such as:
- A 24-hour emergency service for sick, injured and/or very young animals
- Investigation of cruelty complaints
- Public education programme for students and adults
- Sterilisation voucher programme for community animals (also known as stray animals)
- A clinic for basic treatment for community animals
- Adoption programme
- A service for lost and found pets
- Advocacy for the humane treatment of animals
- Running an animal shelter and supporting quarantine for unwanted, abused and abandoned animals
As a non-profit organization, they rely mostly on donations from the public to run their activities so do help them by donating generously, volunteering at their shelter or even adopting a pet from them instead of buying one from the stores.


This second mani was done some time this week but I was too busy studying for my final exams to post it midweek. A green gradient with a little yellow stud on each finger. And OPI's silver crackle polish on the thumb. A simple one, just for fun when I got bored of studying.


Okay so exams officially start in about 24 hours. I have 2 papers tomorrow but I just spent the whole morning painting my nails. My friend joked that if there was a module in university about nails and stuff, I would ace it easily. Haha I wish. So now it's back to reality, back to my books and notes. All the best to everyone taking their exams too! Press on and summer will be here in no time!! (:



Love,
Lorraine


← Older / ♥ back up ♥ / Newer →
@StrangersLovers