OPI Liquid Sand - Stay The Night

POSTED ON: Friday, October 31, 2014 @ 3:06 PM | 0 comments

A month long hiatus from blogging due to the overwhelming workload from school. Please accept my sincere apologies, and I am really grateful to those who have been visiting this space despite the lack of posts. Thank you for your unwavering support guys!! ^^

Since this week marks the end of October, which also means Halloween is just a couple of days away, I decided to get a darker shade of polish for my nails. No spiders, ghouls or cobwebs on my nails. These creepy things really freak me out quite a bit. I am absolutely terrified of haunted houses in theme parks. I kind of think that my screams shock the "ghosts" more than they scare me, when it should be the other way round (I think the scaring is mutual anyway). 

So here's OPI's Stay The Night, a liquid sand from the Mariah Carey collection. Two coats of Stay The Night over my new favourite Barielle basecoat, and a generous coat of Seche Vite topcoat to get a more glossy finish. Still not that into textured polish, but just a personal preference. Funny how I was just at the Mariah Carey concert at the National Stadium a week ago. Little secret for you, I did this at a nail salon instead of doing my own nails at home for convenience sake. Probably only the third time in my life I've been to a nail salon though... and I still prefer doing my own nails.


Absolutely loving how the little pink glitters sparkle under the light against the black base! Doesn't matter if this shade is from a rather old collection. About two years ago I think? My mum saw my nails and she absolutely fell in love with the colour. She's been bugging me to get her a bottle of the same colour but I have no idea where to get shades from so many collections ago. 

Here's me practicing my gradient a few weeks ago. Yes, definitely more practice needed...


Just to share with you guys what I bought yesterday. A lip liner! I've been seeing blog posts and reviews of lip liners pretty often these days so I thought I should give it a try too. My lipstick always mysteriously disappears within an hour of application even though I barely drink water and haven't eaten anything. Maybe I bite my own lips unknowingly or something? So while I was at Raffles City's Robinsons yesterday, I spotted lip liners at the Dior counter. And Dior being Dior, their lip liners cost $38 each. My mum being a price conscious shopper forbid me to buy something that didn't need to cost so much. She dragged me to Etude House instead and indeed I got myself an equally functional lip liner for only $4.90. (:


Yay for not spending money unnecessarily and only buying things that are worth the money! Really easy to use and really glad how a simple lip liner adds some life to my tired and weary face. 

To all those who are battling with projects and exams as well... work hard, press on, the end is near~!! (: 


Love,
Lorraine


← Older / ♥ back up ♥ / Newer →
@StrangersLovers