#31dc2014

POSTED ON: Sunday, September 14, 2014 @ 9:45 PM | 0 comments

Hello September! The month arrived earlier than expected and deadlines are looming nearer with every passing day. School is starting to get hectic but I keep telling myself I must not fall behind on them readings. Wish me luck yeah? 

Anyway I came across this 31 Day Challenge on Instagram at the start of the month and I've done 4 of them so far. It's rather impossible for me to complete all 31 manis since I like to keep them on for a few days so kudos to those who are able to put in the time and effort!


First mani for the challenge was Day 08: Metallic Nails. 
This one here is three coats of Indian Ocean from the brand Model's Own. Super sheer polish, would have been perfect over a dark solid colour but apparently I forgot. I hope I do remember to layer it over something else the next time I feel like using this colour. Love how the little specks catches the sunlight and turns pinkish purple anyway! 


Day 9: Rainbow Nails / Day 11: Polka Dots.
Killing two birds with one stone here heheh! I initially wanted to do a rainbow gradient but I absolutely couldn't find the time to do it so I figured a simple dotticure would do. The base colour is two coats of Angel's Breath from China Glaze. The dots are mostly colours from China Glaze too, and I used a dotting tool of course.


Day 12: Stripes.
This one received quite a few compliments from my classmates so I'm leaving them on for quite a while more. The pink base colour is ciate's Kiss Chase, the blue base colour is OPI's No Room For The Blues, and the darker colour on top is OPI's Lincoln Park After Dark. It's really simple to do since I used a striping tape, but I had to wait a for a few hours for the pink and blue polish to dry completely. Oh and here's a little tip - after painting the dark colour (or the top colour) over the striping tape, remove the striping tape immediately after painting each nail instead of waiting for the polish to dry before removing.


Day 14: Flowers.
Most disappointed with this one. The flowers didn't turn out the way I had envisioned them to be. In fact, they look nothing like flowers at all. The pink polish is ciate's Kiss Chase again and the whole look was gone in a couple of hours. I really need to start looking up tutorials on how to draw flowers again..


There's still half of September left if you'd like to join in the fun. And of course many many months before the end of 2014 and you can always whip out this list if you're wondering what to paint on your nails! Don't forget to hashtag your photos with #31dc2014 (check out them nails on Instagram)! (: 


Leaving you with a b&w selfie of myself from last weekend. Hang in there, don't give up! Good things will come to those who are believe, better things will come to those who wait, and the best things will happen to those who don't give up! (: 


Love, 
Lorraine


← Older / ♥ back up ♥ / Newer →
@StrangersLovers