#FightForLightAndLive

POSTED ON: Tuesday, August 19, 2014 @ 5:45 PM | 0 comments

On Sunday (17th August 2014), talented ladies showed their support for raising awareness for depression by posting their green manis on Instagram with the hashtag #fightforlightandlive. I saw @valesha's Instagram post and decided to join in as well. (Although I'm a day late oops...)  


So here's my green mani to help raise awareness for depression. Two coats of CG's For Audrey over my usual OPI nail strengthener as a base coat. No top coat here. And I'm glad to have my nails growing out nice and long. School's started so I didn't have much time to play with designs and stuff so a simple solid coloured mani will have to do for the week. The other girls on Instagram have came out with amazing designs so do check them out with the hashtag #fightforlightandlive (: 

Most people have felt sad or depressed at times. Feeling depressed is a normal reaction to losing something that is very dear to you, to life's struggles and obstacles, or an injured self esteem. But when these feelings of sadness intensifies to become feelings of helplessness, hopelessness, worthlessness etc., and last for long periods from days to weeks to months, this depression may be more than just sadness. It may very well be clinical depression that keeps one from functioning normally. But don't lose heart because this is a treatable medical condition. There is a cure. 


Of course everyone has different ways of dealing with sadness. Some people like to cry their hearts out, some like to eat their favourite comfort foods to make themselves feel less empty, others take it out on exercising or going to the gym. And I know many girls are like me who make full use of retail therapy to cheer ourselves up! Whatever works right? So right after school on Monday I went to town to do some shopping. No Monday blues, no first day of school blues. Here's an item from my haul that might interest you... OPI's Brazil collection! 


4 mini bottles, 3.75ml each. From left to right: 
1. Next Stop... The Bikini Zone
2. Kiss Me I'm Brazillian
3. AmazON... AmazOFF
4. Where Did Suzi's Man-go? 

Watch this space 'cause I'm gonna swatch these little babies soon!! 
May everyone have a good semester ahead, work hard work smart and maybe start looking forward to a nice holiday to reward yourself at the end of the year? (: 


Love,
Lorraine

← Older / ♥ back up ♥ / Newer →
@StrangersLovers