Next Stop... The Bikini Zone

POSTED ON: Saturday, August 23, 2014 @ 1:04 PM | 0 comments

Hello everyone! I'm back this weekend with more nail stuffs for you (: 
School has just started and my readings are already piling up next to me (imagine this little heap of papers on my table waiting for me to go through them as I am writing you this post). It's my last year in school before I graduate with my business management degree and venture out into the corporate world. Until now, that sounds super scary and I have no idea what to expect. Feeling very much unprepared for it and I sometimes wished that I didn't have to face all these in life. Or that there would be someone there to tell me exactly what to do next. But then again, it's these scary things that make you a better person. These are what makes you stronger, wiser and more appreciative of the things we have. 


Alright back to them nails. This one here are nail wraps. I took this while waiting for my bus at the bus stop! People were staring at me and wondering what I was snapping away with my camera phone. Heheh. 

I realized that there are still many people out there who have never heard of, seen, or much less used, these nail wraps. These are ready made nail 'stickers' which comes in all different colours and patterns and are really easy to use. Especially so when I am too lazy to paint my own nails, lack of time/patience to do designs on them, wait for them to dry and so on. You just have to select the size that fits each of your nail, remove the nail wrap, place it on your nail (sticky side down of course), smooth the surface until wrinkle free with your fingers, and file off the excess with a nail file. It's that simple! No drying time needed, no smudging, and perfectly shiny glossy nails without the need for top coat! 


Here's how these nail wraps look like in their packaging. They usually come in sets of 12 or 14 so there has to be a size that fits your nail. You can always trim them a little so that the shape matches that of your nail and that's really simple too. Perfectly neat and pretty nails every time in just a matter of minutes.

 Source: http://www.bornprettystore.com

Next up, my first swatch from OPI's newest Brazil collection. I'm pretty much into mini bottles nowadays since I've come to realise that none of my polishes ever gets used up (other than the base coat and top coat), and they all end up dried up and in the bin ):


Here is Next Stop... The Bikini Zone. Three thin coats over my usual OPI nail strengthener as base coat, and without topcoat. OPI describes this polish as an amethyst toned pewter. In my opinion, this is a super sheer (3 thin coats and my nail line was still slightly visible underneath), light purple, metallic duochrome polish. The green hints of shimmer were only visible at certain angles so most of it was just purple shimmer. I personally found that this colour wasn't exactly suitable for my yellowish skin colour. Probably someone fairer would do justice to this colour.


Live.Love.Carnaval looks pretty exciting and I am considering opening my purse for that one since it's not inside my mini collection. Watch this space for the other three swatches from my mini collection anyway! 

Have a good weekend everybody (: 


Love, 
Lorraine 


← Older / ♥ back up ♥ / Newer →
@StrangersLovers