Blue Taped Mani

POSTED ON: Monday, September 2, 2013 @ 4:28 PM | 0 comments

Today's mani was done with simple tools that you can find around the house. And really fun to do too!

Colours used:
- CG's Electric Beat
- Matt light blue from Etude House (which doesnt have a name for the polish...)

Actually, other than the usual basecoat, nail polish and topcoat, I only used 3 other tools to complete this mani. A craft scissors (those with patterned edges that gives you a wavy or jagged pattern when you cut stuff with it), scotch tape and a sandwich bag.

I didn't think of taking photos as I went along doing the mani so all I can give you is a step by step guide on how to achieve something like this...

Step 1: Paint a basecoat, then paint on two coats of light blue polish.
Step 2: Stick a length of scotch tape onto your sandwich bag and paint your scotch tape a darker blue.
Step 3: Wait for the polish on the scotch tape to dry, peel the scotch tape off the sandwich bag and cut out wavy strips using the craft scissors. (this took me a while to get all the widths somewhat equal but it was fun anyway!)
Step 4: Stick the dark blue wavy scotch tapes onto your nail and finish with a topcoat.

Taa-daa! That's it. Simple as that.
I've seen other tutorials online with girls using different patterns of craft scissors and the results are beautiful. There are even some who use craft punches to punch out shapes of stars or hearts and sticking them onto their nails. Those are gorgeous and really easy to do as well! Maybe I should try that soon since I have a few punches lying around in my drawers...

No school on Mondays = No Monday blues.
Happy week ahead everyone! (:


Love,
Lorraine



← Older / ♥ back up ♥ / Newer →
@StrangersLovers