THE WEEKEND ROUNDUP

POSTED ON: Sunday, August 18, 2013 @ 12:48 PM | 0 comments

The weekends are here again and it's time for THE WEEKEND ROUNDUP!

1. #PolishTogether
Today's #PolishTogether theme for the Birthstone Series is PERIDOT (yellowish-green/lime). Thank you @perpetualfunk for hosting this Birthstone Series and for giving us a heads up as well. I am eagerly looking forward to each theme every month!

And here's my mani for this month's theme! Water marbling with two colours: Essence's Love It Or Leave It and China Glaze's For Audrey. Inconsistent with the toothpick in the water, hence the inconsistent patterns on my nails. Must remember to be more consistent with the designs in the water next time.


Recap:
18th August: PERIDOT (yellowish-green/lime)
15th September: SAPPHIRE (blue)
13th October: OPAL (your choice!)
10th November: TOPAZ (orange)
15th December: TURQUOISE (turquoise/teal)

2. New hand juicer
Over the weekends, I bought an amazing HOKEY manual juicer for only $38 (worth $114.90)! 
Here's a picture of the juicer!

And here's a picture of all it's individual parts. Really easy to dismantle, really easy to wash and really easy to put everything back together again! 

I tell you this juicer is awesome! Unlike the normal high speed juicers that runs on electricity, this manual juicer does not need any electricity, and gives your 100% pure fruit juice with all the nutrients still inside. It separates the pulp from the juice (the pulp comes out from the little white nozzle at the end there). And everyone who has bought juice from the fruit stalls, I'm sure you notice that your fruit juice separates into two columns after you leave it standing for awhile. That's because the conventional electric juicers use some high speed centrifugal force to separate the juice from the flesh of the fruit. It also has a metal blade that oxidizes the nutrients and generates heat which could denature the enzymes of our fruits/vegetables. Oh and did I mention this is very quiet? (I could still hear my carrot rolling off the table while juicing!)

Check out my bowl of fruits and vegetables! 
If you ever use grapefruits in your juice like I did, please remember to remove the white parts in between the fruit and the skin. They're pretty sour and bitter...

My apple+carrot+grapefruit juice. Here's to a healthier me! ^^ 


3. Time for a change? 
I feel like changing this blog's layout. To one that's easier for everyone to glance through at one look, meaning no more tabs at the top and everything will just be either on the left or right column. What do you girls think?


School starts again on Tuesday! SMU is always the last to start the new term sighhs. And I'll leave you guys with a quote I saw sometime this week...
"Great things end, so that greater things can happen."

Enjoy your weekend everyone! (:


Love,
Lorraine


← Older / ♥ back up ♥ / Newer →
@StrangersLovers