Weekend Roundup

POSTED ON: Saturday, August 10, 2013 @ 12:46 AM | 0 comments

I'm not entirely sure if only nail enthusiasts read my blog and I thought I might have people I know personally or other non-nailfanatics who read my blog too. I'd like to share little bits and pieces of my daily life with all you lovely people out there (but nail posts will still be the main focus!).



First up, a nail photo to start the post.

These are the base colours for my second National Day mani. OPI's My Vampire Is Buff and Colour 23 from Rainbow. As mentioned in the previous post, red and white are the colours of our Singapore flag, hence my national day manis are all based on these two colours. Stripes done with a striping tape and the black ribbon drawn freehand with a paintbrush (I still haven't got my hands on proper nail art brushes!). The red polish bleeds a little to the white but I still love the final look (: 



So... there will be a new type of posts dedicated to such random musings of mine every week. Introducing the WEEKEND ROUNDUP!

1. New media icons.
Under my PROFILE tab on this blog, I have new icons for links to all my other social media pages. These free icons are from the talented Olivia at myfavouritethingsblog.com. I took the bright blue ones and photoshopped them to pink, just to suit the shades of my blog. Olivia has many other icons on her etsy store too, and other cute stuff on her blog as well (e.g. handmade cards, knits, jewelry, crafts). I am so in love with these cute little icons and I hope you love them too! Do pop by and say hi on my other social media platforms too! (:



2. Happy 48th Birthday Singapore!





It was Singapore's 48th birthday on Friday (9th Aug) and Hari Raya Puasa the day before so we had a long long weekend. My mother and I took my grandma to Gardens By The Bay and as a huge fan of flowers, my grandma enjoyed herself very much and was very happy that day. (:
(Me in a bright red dress to show my love for Singapore this National Day!)


The photo below is Singapore's skyline and fireworks in the background to celebrate National Day.



Happy 48th Birthday Singapore!



3. Li Tying's bake sale



Li Tying had her last bake sale of 2013 before she flew off to Europe for her exchange program. Me being a sucker for desserts was naturally a fan of hers (and her cupcakes) so I had to drop by to pick up a cupcake or two for myself.

The first photo shows the two cupcakes I brought back from the bake sale. Dark chocolate raspberry and Iced Lemon Tea. Both were really delicious. The flowers were from Uncle Kelvin on my last day of internship. Two of my favourite things on the table, I was a very happy girl that day!




Hope you all enjoyed reading my WEEKEND ROUNDUP with 3 other random things that I would like to share with everyone this week.

Have a lovely long weekend everyone! (:


Love,
Lorraine



← Older / ♥ back up ♥ / Newer →
@StrangersLovers