Weekend Roundup

POSTED ON: Saturday, August 31, 2013 @ 12:25 PM | 0 comments

1. Water Marbling

Another shot at water marbling and I think I'm starting to get the hang of it. 


 First picture is my right hand in an awkward pose with alternating water marbled nails and gradient nails. Second picture is my left hand with alternating water marbled nails and plain solid coloured nails. Haven't done gradient nails in ages and I really need a lot more practice with it. 

The two colors I used for this mani are ciate's Kiss Chase and OPI's My Vampire Is Buff. 


Although not perfect and still much room for improvement, I'd like to share some things I learnt along the way with a my trial and errors. 

Tip #1: Use brand new nail polishes for water marbling. And those that take a longer time to dry. I discovered that all those quick dry polishes don't work at all since they dry up the moment I plop them into the water and doesn't give me any time to add on more rings of colours or to do my patterns with the toothpick.

Tip #2: Change the water that you use to drop your polish in. This reduces the number of air bubbles and random residues that would get stuck on your mani.

Tip #3: Make sure the polish spreads out before adding the next colour to create a few rings of colours. It would be hard to add further drops of polish if they dont spread out well and hard to draw out the design with the toothpick. Even worse when you try to dip your nail in, it just appears on the nail as an ugly blob of polish all clumped up together.

Tip #4: Use water that is at room temperature. Tap water works well for me. Warm water or cold water didn't do the spreading of my polishes in the water any good.  

To all my friends out there who tried water marbling once or twice and gave up after that, DON'T GIVE UP! Practice makes perfect! You'll also have to trial and error with many different polishes to find out which are the ones that are good for water marbling. I've wasted tons of nail polish trying out which one works and how to water marble and all. But finally being able to get something decent on my nail is worth all the hard work!! It's simply satisfying and makes me so happy~!


2. School

School work is piling up. This week is only the second week of school and I'm starting to get tired already. Thankful for the good food and good friends to get me by!

Some of the yummy stuff I had this week...

First one here is a dessert at Sakae Sushi's new outlet at Djitsun Mall. Can't remember the name of this dessert but it was filled with delicious creamy green tea ice cream.


The next two photos was when I had dinner with WanLin at Raffles City's Coffee Club. 
I had Curry Seafood Pizza which was topped with prawns, squids, fish, mussels and a generous blob of cheese. Also a strawberry mocha to keep me awake during my night class. 




 Cupcakes from dessert.cup at Raffles City. Earl grey and strawberry vanilla. Yumz in my tums at 12midnight but still
nothing can beat LiTying's homemade cupcakes.


Last photo here is of cookiewiches! This was at PARK @ Holland Village last Friday with Joseph Thia. I had Earl Grey ice cream in between chocolate macaroons and he had strawberry ice cream in between shortbread. Their mains were pretty good too, with a wide variety of pastas, burgers, meat and even pancakes to choose from. Definitely going back there again someday.



3. Keeping Fit
This week I headed to the gym on Tuesday to do my usual weights and other random exercises. Friday morning was rather productive and I jogged 2+km at Bishan Park. Jogging in a park is really much better than running on a treadmill. Fresh air, luscious green plants, other fellow joggers (and their dogs) for company and even the workers trimming the plants and keeping the park nice and clean for all of us. (: 

I just hope that I can keep this exercise regime up so that I can go back to my previous weight, back to when I was still in cheerleading. Hate being a fat blob now...


Back to burying myself in schoolwork. Have a good weekend everyone! (: 


Love, 
Lorraine





← Older / ♥ back up ♥ / Newer →
@StrangersLovers