Weekend Roundup 28.09.13

POSTED ON: Saturday, September 28, 2013 @ 4:38 PM | 0 comments

Apologies for missing out on the Weekend Roundup last week. School has been too hectic with project deadlines and readings and tests, the only free time I had for myself was spent catching up on sleep.
The week ahead will be yet another mad rad rush with 3 midterm exams all squished into 2 days, and not to mention project deadlines looming nearer each day. I wish I had 36 hours a day. 

Alright. Enough of the school related ramblings and on to some nail stuffs! 

1. Gradient Nails

More gradient nails this week. People say practice makes perfect. I've been practicing gradient nails a little more for the past few manis now but I still haven't managed to come up with anything that is even close to perfect yet. But some improvement there and I am quite glad. 

The two colours used here are OPI's My Vampire Is Buff (used very very frequently these days) and Sun Of A Peach from China Glaze (happy bright orange!). Gradient achieved with a make up sponge and my trusty Seche Vite topcoat to blend the two colors even more. 


Wanted to add something more to these gradient nails, like a glitter topper or drawing some pattern over it but I just couldn't think of anything I'd really like to try so I'm leaving it as it is for the time being.  


 2. Polish Us Pink

It's the month of October in a few days time which means that Breast Cancer Awareness month is here again! Here's the new logo for this year's Polish Us Pink where we will don pink nails in October for Breast Cancer Awareness. Not sure who's hosting this event but here's a post from @subtleshimmer's Instagram. 

So do join in this meaningful event and tag your pink nail posts with #PolishUsPink and #BCAmani2013. Looks like some ladies have already started on their pink manis before October has arrived so do check out everyone's manis by clicking on the hashtags! 



3. I Live To Eat

No matter how hectic life is, we still have to eat right? (: 

Shared with you guys in my last post that I won a dozen cupcakes from Twelve Cupcakes in the #midautumnrevolution Instagram contest, and I collected them from the store at Bishan Junction 8 this week. So here's a photo of my yummylicious cupcakes! Thank you so much Twelve Cupcakes! (: 
[If you actually count the number of cupcakes in my photo, you'd realise that there are only 10! That's because I already gave 2 to my Daddy before I took the photo hehehe...]

And since 12 cupcakes to finish on my own was a little too many, I brought a few to school to share with my dear friend Wanlin, Grace and my Strategy module group mates. Yummy cupcakes make people happy, and making people happy makes ME happy too!



The second picture was my first time at Blooie's Roadhouse Bar and Grill for dinner with my Daddy. Cajun chicken burger and pork ribs. They're famous for their beer chicken but we didn't get to try that since that dish had to be ordered one day in advance and we only decided on Blooie's for dinner on the day itself. Definitely going back next time for their beer chicken!


Amidst all the work and a never-ending to-do list, remember to eat well and rest well everyone! 
Have a good weekend! (:  


Love,
Lorraine 



← Older / ♥ back up ♥ / Newer →
@StrangersLovers