Weekend Roundup (08.09.2013)

POSTED ON: Sunday, September 8, 2013 @ 1:00 AM | 0 comments

Hello everyone, the weekends are here again hurray! Despite the wet, rainy, gloomy weekends, it's time for us to relax and take our minds off stressful schoolwork/ work. And time for a weekend roundup...

1. Nail Foils

This week is the third week of school. Since there's a Watsons right in the heart of my school, and a lovely Essence counter available inside, I love taking a mini tour in my school's Watsons. This week, they were having a mini sale with random stuff going at very low prices. Random stuff include kiddy stationery like notebooks and coloured pencils, canvas bagpacks and even plastic shoeboxes. 

Me being a nail polish addict was immediately attracted to CHEAP NAIL FOILS! 
 Going for $2.50 each, I bought myself 2 sets of nail foils! I would have gotten more of them if the other designs were pretty, too bad there were very few choices on sale and the rest of them were just mehhh...



Had to use my new nail foils this weekend! Quite satisfied with them, this set of nail foils didn't curl up as much as the one I bought from the market previously. Although they did shrink a bit when my topcoat dried but I'm perfectly fine with that. Not much of a difference. I love the zigzag colours to bits! 

The instructions on the packaging says to remove them with a normal nail polish remover. I usually just violently peel them off anyway. 


2. DOME Cafe

As school gets stressful and the workload piles higher, I needed some time to myself to relax and destress. So here's my afternoon tea on a rainy day at DOME Cafe @ Singapore Art Museum. 
Really yummy Mango Cashew Muffin and a lovely cup of Chocolate Affogato. And the artistic design of the building to accompany me that afternoon. 



3. Durians!

Regarded as the King of Fruits by us Singaporeans, Southeast Asians like the Singaporeans and Malaysians love durians. Every June to August is the durian season and the price of this fruit is relatively higher than other fruits. A D24 durian costs approximately $10 each, and the higher grade MaoShanWang durian costs approximately $14 per kg. 

Don't be fooled by it's scary thorn-covered husk, it's flesh is yellow and really creamy and tasty. Unfortunately, most of my European friends absolutely dislike the pungent smell of this fruit and refuse to acknowledge it's wonderful taste. Heheh.  


Daddy took me to this stall on Friday afternoon, where the stall owner gets his durians fresh from Malaysia everyday. His stall only opens at around 2pm in the afternoon when the large truck from Malaysia arrives and delivers baskets of fresh durians. Yes, freshly plucked from the Malaysian durian trees that morning. 


4. Mid-Autumn Festival

Other than being the season of durians, September is also where us Chinese celebrate the Mid-Autumn Festival by eating mooncakes. We buy these mooncakes as gifts for our friends, family and clients too. 
Purple Sage is selling our very own mooncakes as well so do email me at lorraine@purplesage.com.sg or theuncertified@gmail.com if you would like to purchase a box. 
Usual price is $52 but I can give you a good 20% if you're interested (: 

Do check out my other post with a more detailed writeup of Purple Sage mooncakes!
http://strangerslovers-sg.blogspot.sg/2013/08/the-weekend-roundup_25.html



Treasure your weekends and have a good rest everyone! (:


Love, 
Lorraine

Labels: , ,


← Older / ♥ back up ♥ / Newer →
@StrangersLovers