Weekend Roundup (12.10.2013)

POSTED ON: Saturday, October 12, 2013 @ 12:43 PM | 0 comments

This week was my long awaited recess week - one week break off from classes! Lucky me only had to head back to school on Tuesday for a project group meeting (compared to my other friends who were in school for such meetings almost everyday of the week), and ended off Tuesday with a good dinner at Astons with my fellow OCSP friends. OCSP stands for Overseas Community Service Program, and we went to Siem Reap, Cambodia for our project last summer. It was an experience of a lifetime and I do plan to go back there again someday!


 1. #PolishUsPink

The theme for Week 2 of the Busy Girl Nails Fall Nail Art Challenge is PINK. Supposedly in conjunction with #PolishUsPink as the month of October is also Breast Cancer Awareness month. Paint your nails pink too and tag them with #PolishUsPink and #BCAmani2013. Oh and of course the hashtag for the challenge itself - #busygirlnails.

Here are the colours I used for this mani:
- Ciate's Kiss Chase on my thumb and pinky
- Butter London's Trout Pout on my 2nd and ring finger
- Some matte light pink from Etude House on my middle finger

Please pardon the shorter pointer finger, it started to chip a little at the tip so I had to cut it off. Rather upset with the different lengths now. On BOTH the right and left hands too ): 


A second shot with more sunlight coming in through my bedroom windows. 


And finally scallop tips using a dotting tool with L.A. Girl's Grape. 
Loving the Butter London bottle but the quality of it doesn't justify the price I had to pay.
I initially wanted to do a half moon with Grape but I the idea somehow got lost when I sat down to finish up my mani. Hmm maybe next time! 


Themes for the next 3 weeks...
Week 3: Oxblood
Week 4: Orange
Week 5: Dark Brown

Mid week nails, a very failed one that it. Terrible nail foils these are. 
Wanted to use this one as my pink nails for #PolishUsPink this year but these nail foils were extremely disappointing and frustrating. Unlike usual nail foils which had a sticky underside, a smooth shiny surface and quality good enough for you to peel off your nails and realign them during application, this batch was terrible terrible terrible. Yes the undersides were sticky but so were the surfaces of the nail foils. One of it was ruined as the surface got stuck to the packaging as I was unwrapping it. The quality was really bad too, tearing easily and too thin and flimsy to to handle and align properly on my nails.
Bought them about two weeks ago from Watsons for $2.50. Nothing but a nightmare. 


The previous set of nail foils I purchased from Watsons were fine, I don't know why this one turned out this way. Really hope the rest of them tucked in my drawers are fine...


3. Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes

My second attempt at making pancakes during this break week and YES IT WAS A SUCCESS!! 
My new SONA hand mixer pictured here (:


Had lots of fun preparing all the ingredients, mixing the batter, folding everything together...


Pancakes in a pan getting brown and fluffy over my stove. And a pot of blueberry sauce simmering over low heat. My whole kitchen was smelling so yummy that day hehehe. 

All my friends loved my pancakes and the blueberry sauce, though daddy said he would prefer the sauce to be a little less sweet. Very satisfied with my pancakes this time although I didn't manage to get a good photo of the blueberry sauce drizzled over my pancakes. So here's the one I took of the web and I assure mine looks and tastes just as good! (: 


Feeling so happy and accomplished I can't wait to try out the other 26 pancakes in that list of pancake recipes!! 
(27 Pancakes Worth Waking Up For)


3. Recess week is over...

But a it was a great one spent with my daddy over lunch every day! 
Two large jugs of root beer float during lunch on Tuesday and tons of good food. I will not post them here to save your stomach from growling but you can always visit my instagram if you want some mouth-watering pictures!



Love,
Lorraine 


← Older / ♥ back up ♥ / Newer →
@StrangersLovers