SU School of Business

POSTED ON: Monday, April 7, 2014 @ 3:38 AM | 0 comments

Here's where I've been attending my lectures and seminars at Stockholm University School of Business (now known as Stockholm Business School since they just changed the name a couple of weeks ago). It's a pretty little campus and I thought I'd share some photos and info with you here (:

Here's a map of the whole Stockholm Business School Kraftriket campus. The campus consists of a few historic buildings dating from 1912 (oh my goodness that is a really really long time ago), full of character and heritage value. I really find these little red brick houses fascinating since I seldom (or almost never) see them back in Singapore. The name of the area, Kraftriket, was named after an inn that served crayfish caught in the nearby lake.
Source: http://www.sbs.su.se/en/About-us/Kraftriket-campus-area/Find-your-way-around-Kraftriket-campus/

This is Building 10, with a very queer seminar room that reminded me of attics. Check out the little pine tree in front of it! I was picking fallen pine cones that day and the students at the table gave me a weird look...

This is the view of the school from across the road, at the bus stop on the way home. I take bus 40 or bus 70 from the bus stop right outside Universitetet t-bana station and alight at Albano. It's just a few stops away from Universitetet and some students prefer to walk to school from there (if the weather is good). If you stay at Lappis like I do, most probably you'll end up taking bus 40 to school all the time then.

 This is building 15, where the lecture hall Hedbergsal is. The other two lecture halls Grojer and WALL (as how they appeared in my timetable) are at the main building 3. The main building 3 has a glass door entrance and most students head there after the alight from the bus so it's pretty easy to find.

***

Random thought of the week...
Many things have happened this week and I came across a post by one of my friends on Instagram which was really apt at the time. Just like I was, she was really upset with some people, but as she put into word so appropriately, things don't get easier with time. We merely become more equipped to deal with all these people, problems, challenges or whatever else you call them. Challenges don't stop cropping up in our lives, we just have to see them as invaluable learning opportunities. 

And indeed, all these incidents and situations have made me a stronger person, someone who is learning to see things from a different perspective, someone who lets things go as easily as I pick things up, someone who starts to care more about people and relationships instead of just being a self-centred girl who had been sheltered and protected all her life. I admit I am still rather messed up,  but through all these, I know that I will become a better person. Slowly but surely. So cheers to all of us going through this mess and may we become better than we were yesterday (: 

Have a good weekend everyone!!


Love,
Lorraine

← Older / ♥ back up ♥ / Newer →
@StrangersLovers