B&J Free Cone Day

POSTED ON: Saturday, April 12, 2014 @ 5:42 PM | 0 comments

My first ever Ben & Jerry's Free Cone Day!
What better way to thank us loyal customers with free ice cream? Every year since 1979, Ben & Jerry's have been inviting their fans all around the world for a free scoop.
Funny how I never queued for any of the Free Cone Days in Singapore and my first one is in Stockholm.

And being greedy kiasu tamchiak Singaporeans, Blanche and I queued twice for two rounds of free ice cream! Here are our flavours from the first round: Phish Food and Cone Sweet Cone (: 

Second round of ice cream: Raspberry Chocolate Chunk and Clever Cookies (: 

Look at this lovely B&J staff! What a sweet cowgirl! I was so glad I managed to sneak a photo of her ^^


The queue is so many times shorter than those in Singapore. I guess it's probably the cold rainy weather in Sweden that deters people from queuing and craving for ice cream as compared to the hot humid weather in Singapore that makes ice cream a real good treat for anyone. Maybe also the lack of kiasu-ism and tamchiak-ness in these Swedes. Well I'm not complaining about that...

This Free Cone Day (well maybe it should be named free scoop day here since they don't give out their ice cream in cones but in cups...) is quite a good marketing gimmick I would say. It left me craving for more B&J ice cream and I found myself purchasing a tub of B&J ice cream the very next day. Tried to convince myself that I would be a tad less unhealthy by picking the new Raspberry Fudge Chunk from the Greek Frozen Yoghurt selection of their ice cream. They also had a limited variety of flavours on Free Cone Day so I guess if you were going to the event with an ice cream flavour in mind but don't find it there, you're probably gonna buy a scoop the next day or buy a tub home from the supermarket. Hmmm very clever B&J, looks like our worries about how much losses you'd make on FCD while we were queuing were absolutely unwarranted. 

Nail post up next, stay tuned and stay happy~! (: 


Love,
Lorraine


← Older / ♥ back up ♥ / Newer →
@StrangersLovers