Hello Stockholm

POSTED ON: Tuesday, February 18, 2014 @ 5:43 AM | 0 comments

A little late for this photo but thank you all for sending me off at the airport. 
I really miss you guys truckloads 

Here's the view from my bedroom window. A lovely sight to wake up to every morning (:


It's been exactly a month since I've arrived in Stockholm. 
Life here is good, and I love how transport is so convenient and cheap ($100 per month for a card and you can have unlimited bus and train rides everyday). I shall start my first Stockholm post with "5 things about Stockholm", which is probably in contrast to Singapore whether I actually realise it or not.  

#1
People here walk really fast. I always thought Singaporeans walk pretty quickly, especially those in the CBD areas as though they are rushing to war. But oh my these Europeans walk even faster, even when we're walking together in a group. People usually slow down when they're walking in a group right? I am half walking and half jogging to catch up with these angmo friends of mine all the time. And when I'm walking around alone, the whole world just overtakes me along the streets. Ain't nobody got time for long strolls here...

#2
Pets are allowed on public transport. Food is allowed too. They even have vending machines at the train platforms and I barely see cleaners hard at work or anything. Despite all these, it's so clean everywhere. 
Picture credit: Chen Yen Yu

#3 
Little streets like these everywhere. I love these streets and their quaint little shops. 
Much better compared to the same old shopping centres we have in Singapore that are pretty much the same island wide.

#4
Food here is extremely expensive. Oh bother, everything here is expensive. 
A McDonald's meal in Singapore costs around $5, and the same meal here costs about three times as much. Same goes for things in the supermarket and shoes/clothes/accessories etc. 

Back in Singapore, I never had to worry about my expenses. My daddy gave me enough to spend every month and most of my meals were taken care of by my parents. Here, I have to cook my own dinner every night and of course do my own grocery shopping every week. And it really sucks that everything is so expensive and I barely have anything left to spend on other things like clothes/shoes/bags/accessories. 
Note to self: however poor I may be, I WILL NOT FREELOAD OFF ANYBODY.

#5 
The Swedish people here love coffee. At any time of the day, you'll see people carrying a cup of coffee as they hurry along on the streets. Someone told me these guys drink an average of 6 to 7 cups of coffee per day? I don't think I even drink that many cups in two months. 

The weather's getting better, the snow and ice is almost gone and we're experiencing more sun now.
Ending off with a pretty picture of Stockholm. 
Picture credit: Cindor

Stay safe everyone (: 


Love,
Lorraine


← Older / ♥ back up ♥ / Newer →
@StrangersLovers