Adventures in Europe

POSTED ON: Thursday, February 13, 2014 @ 10:45 PM | 0 comments

Been in Stockholm, Sweden for about a month or so and I've kind of settled down here. So I'm back to updating the blog, less of nails/nail polish for now and more of my exchange experience in Stockholm. Hope you'll enjoy reading my posts anyway! (: 


To start off, a photo of the two bottles of polish I've purchased in Stockholm within the first 4 weeks. The one on the left is Maybelline's new nail polish range called ColoRama. The polish is Bubblicious, a bright hot pink polish with a really glossy finish. I bought it for around $8 and for that price, the formula is great and the brush is wide enough for easy application. Guess I'll purchase the other colours from this collection soon.

The one on the right is from H&M for only 10SEK which is approximately $2. The formula is acceptable and the brush is pretty small but I guess I am satisfied with the quality given I only paid $2 for it. I'm not sure if it's because of the different formula here or the dry weather but these polishes dry pretty quickly so no manicure mess for me! 

*****

Left sunny Singapore for a six month long journey of adventure and self-discovery. Definitely not easy for someone who never had to worry about mundane tasks like settling my own meals, washing and ironing my own clothes/bed linen and even wandering around on my own in a foreign country with barely any English signs. 

We bid goodbye to our dear Singapore on 11th Jan and Blanche, Grace and I flew off to our first holiday destination in Finland. The little town of Rovaniemi was lovely. We visited the Santa Claus Village, met dear Santa, sent some postcards back to Singapore from Santa's Post Office (with the help of Santa's little elves), went on husky rides and reindeer rides and even had a taste of some reindeer meat (I'm sorry!). 

I love the Santa Claus Village!

Yeah I wish I was even capable of building such a huge snowman! 



We headed further up North to Ivalo where we checked into our Glass Igloos for two nights! See the sled at the side? We were sliding down the hills and crashing into heaps of snow all day long with it (: 
No sign of the Northern Lights but the beautiful scenery and a snowmobile safari was good enough for us!



Snow angel!!


So we bid goodbye to Finland after a week full of fluffy snow and friendly locals, and we're off to Sweden.
Updates on my adventures in Stockholm next time! 


Love,
Lorraine




← Older / ♥ back up ♥ / Newer →
@StrangersLovers